Western Care empowers people with a wide range of learning and associated disabilities in County Mayo to live full and satisfied lives as equal citizens. It is a voluntary organisation, made up of parents/family members, service users, staff, supporters, and volunteers and is guided by the following beliefs:
- Supporting service users in making choices
- Community-based services
- Partnership with families and service users
- The essential value of the voluntary organisation
- The vital input of volunteers and friends.
- The principle of accountability.
- The unique contribution of all our staff
- Partnership, unity of purpose and mutual respect in the achievement of our aims
- Service through partnership and coordination with local and national organisations
- Continually learning to improve the quality of the way we do things
- The pursuit of equality of access and full service for all
Currently, Western Care is looking for funding to support the following projects: